Today marks the 1st day my Honda Element goes in for some basic but simply maintenance at Honda of Seattle. I originally bought this Element back on July 6th with about 174k miles and now it has 177k miles. While driving the Element, I found out the Element has 3 issues to address:
1. Cylinder 3 misfire detected………already replaced spark plug/coil pack, issue still unknown?
2. System Too Rich (Bank 1)………most likely oxygen sensor gone bad
3. Rear suspension making rattling annoying sound when driving over bumps…….already replaced rear struts/shocks. Might be rear sway links?
Although I am having these 3 issues, the Element still drives and performs well. Today, I will be spending the day in Seattle simply waiting to hear from Honda of Seattle about the health of the Element.
On the flip side of things, today also marks the 2nd week since I started my journey “Life In the Element.” There is much to be thankful for and much to learn from this on going experience. Here are some things that I have been learning and experiencing:
1. Less time consumed in front of the computer/surfing the Internet. Using Internet only when needed. Spending more time being productive 🙂
2. Food is not being wasted or sitting in refrigerator. Simply only eating when I become hungry.
3. Thankful for a roof over my head and transportation that I can drive.
4. Appreciating the basics of everyday life, such as the simply blessing of: clean water, toilet, shower, food, clothing, etc.
As I continue to adventure through this experience in the Element, many people ask the question, “How long will you continue to do this?” My simply answer would be, “I don’t know.” Although, I don’t see myself doing this experiment forever, I haven’t yet established a given date to end my life in the Element. Until that day, I encourage my followers/viewers to continue and follow me as I live Life In the Element. You never know, you might learn something valuable or you might end up deciding to change something in your everyday life.